Sunday, November 11, 2007

de la soul broke my leg!!!!

nah lol

last night was bugged out. i was gonna talk about this on the
spitkicker blog but i want to just put it here and ill think of a
cooler blog for spitkicker...my next spitkicker blog will be mad
thought provoking and shit son!!!

so we got to the venue and the promoter or the house didnt have any
music. to play at all! AT ALL!!! so we went to the car and got some
cds for them to play. they played getback (including the skits) and
when it went off we got on stage haha...charlotte was like new york.
they just looked and nodded a little...BUT when we got off stage they
applauded mad loud and we sold mad cds and i heard the people were
telling don and ilyas they really liked it. i went out and spoke to a
few cats in the crowd and they gave props but i had to hop back stage
and sit my behind down. like 3 songs into our set a speaker fell from
the side of the stage and landed on my ankle and i had to keep moving
like it didnt hurt. BUT BOY DID IT HURT. its still sore right now but
i can walk a lot better today than last night.

i was just in the back mad as hell and talking on the phone. then the
promoter came back there like "oh...uh...your leg? wow...im
sorry...uh..." and someone then came and helped wrap my leg up. then
the de la rider stuff started coming in you know the tea and the
fruits and the water and the CEREAL! lol i dont know why thats so
funny to me. they had cereal.

anyways they came back there and it was cool to just see them in their
element before they do a show. pos came and sat and was just chilling,
dave was on his phone, maseo was running around getting ready to dj.
he turned grand vonye off (yea the club was forced to listen to grand
vonye because we were the djs until de la got there. assholish haha)
and the party got started. as midnight hit i was on the side of the
stage watching de la soul rock...what a way to turn 26!!!! yea its my
birthday today and we dont have a show today so were just hanging out.

and we got paid after tracking the promoter down for a while. thanks.

am flowers thanks for the beer mayne! dave and pos thanks for the beer
mayne! miko and doug thanks for EVERY THING. sheesh, people letting
you stay with them on the road is like....heaven sent. seriously.

alright im out of here. i know i probably didnt say anything because
im just typing and not reading over this but thanks for readin folks.
and supa if you still read my blog i just wanted to tell you before
you left last night...that song. you know what song. yikes!
hahahaha....

peace

2 comments:

The Write Brother said...

Sorry to hear about your leg brother... But I can only imagine the joy you felt being on that stage and backstage with those guys. You and I are 2 people whom I know have an infinite amount of respect and love (no homo) for De La. I'm uber jealous of y'all for getting to rock with them, but in addition, I am even more uber proud and excited.

Hope the leg gets back to 1 hunnid percent much sooner than later and once more HAPPY BORN DAY!

Me said...

Who did he diss? If it's anybody rather than Petey Pablo, I wanna hear it.

(young h)

Me

My photo
I'm Von Pea. I blog, but you wont get to know me.

Blog Archive