Wednesday, November 29, 2006

mic check

sound quality.
 
i dont care, but some listeners think theyre dr dre now so now i have to make studio quality music :-(
 
as much of a control freak as i am i cant see walking into a studio, putting the session in someone elses hands totally and just recording. im gonna go crazy! i know/knew that it had to be better sounding from this point on but i was banking on improving the home recording so things could still be in my/our hands. che grand has been tripping down to allentown PA to record his album. i went down with him to load up the songs i produced and do rough mixes and that studio is real ill....but then again i cant imagine leaving my work in the studio and i get home and cant hear it/tweak it. also im good for rerecording something as many times as i have to to get it the way i hear it in my mind. i can count the amount of times ive worked in a "real" studio on one hand. every time its been me settling.
 
so yea when i finish being broke (haha) im setting up shop. i have a lot of people i can talk to about mics and shit and id love to get the sound quality up on my own terms. its not that hard! yall dr dre niggas? throw your wu tang albums away or stop being hypocrits! lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

remember that jon brion looking mofo in sam ash that one day..."lots and lots of styrofoam!"

Anonymous said...

You blog here just about ev'ry 10 days.

I'd say something about the studio experience vs. the home production setup... but I'm hellatired of talking about that stuff. At least online.

I'll be following along. As usual.

vonpea.com said...

im taking it back to rapping through headphones!

i went on soundclick and found my first first first album....damn it sounds like i was rapping in an empty hallway with a fan blowing into the mic

Me

My photo
I'm Von Pea. I blog, but you wont get to know me.

Blog Archive