Saturday, September 23, 2006

...I listen to classical.

Yall want the real? Were sitting in grand rapids in a van like an hour
after we finished performing and were about to go take the promoters
turntables as collateral because we didn't get paid. He's talking
about scion aint send the dough and mc sick and tableek want to take
the tables. F*ck that man lets go to the hotel. Now they're arguing
about it. Right now. Filthy and sick. I guess were going to the hotel.
Rap sucks man. Sucks! This isn't helping at all...this is wild. I'm
typing in real time I might as well continue to type.

The next time you're in your makeshift studio (like me) or in a studio
you're paying for with your paycheck and you want to make a hip hop
difference, remember this blog. We got like 5 more weeks of this. You
love hip hop? Me too, but don't romanticise the shit. You will not be
q tip on the roof of a cleaners. Or nas with an uzi in the army jacket
lining. Or jay z on a boat with white letterboxes surrounding you. If
you're lucky you'll be us right now, in a van blowing mad exaust,
headed back to a hotel with no money and the guys you gotta tour with
all mad at each other because we got jerked. This is hip hop music and
there is no honeymoon.

On a brighter side...people were singing along to "tanya morgan is a
rap group" and that's just a song on myspace.

I'm getting a regular job.

No I'm not. You might need me one day.

No comments:

Me

My photo
I'm Von Pea. I blog, but you wont get to know me.

Blog Archive